- About The Artist
- COLLECTORS REVIEWS
Born in 1975, Runa Biswas holds a postgraduate degree in Economics, while having also completed a 5 year professional fine arts course with 1st class from Sharbo Bharatiya Charukala Mandir (SBCM), Kolkata.
Runa’s paints through her mind’s eye and the outcome are bold, vivid and spontaneous. She loves experimenting with techniques but even more with fluid forms. She chooses everyday subjects that has a world view and turns them into curious pieces of fine art with her own signature technique – mingling and mixing colour directly on her canvas rather than a palette. This distinctive style allows her to break rules and often come up with startling results.
At other times she teaches fine art to students. Many of her paintings have already found their way to art lover’s drawing rooms in India and abroad.
- Indo-Bangladesh Group Exhibition at National Gallery of Art, Hyderabad (2009)
- Art Club Bangladesh, Dhaka (2010)
- Renaissance Art Gallery, Bangalore (2010)
- Hobitute Art Gallery and Foundation, Bangalore (2011)
- Alliance De Française, Bangalore (2011)
- UB City, Bangalore (2012)
- Swasti Contemporary Art Gallery, Bangalore (2013)
- Hyatt Hotel, Bangalore (2014)